a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I've blogged, fie on me. Up until recently, life has been quite stable and event-free...

I'm now in a bit of a quandary, because the company where I have the J-O-B is undergoing major business changes at the moment and the chances of me getting laid off in the next 2-3 weeks is about 50/50. So I've immediately suspended all nonessential spending. That means no more big cocktail nights, no more dinners out unless cheap, and no extra gym goodies. A few months ago I finally started dishing out a bit of money to have a personal trainer. Though the pounds on the scale haven't shifted significantly, the organization of my personal mass has and I now actually have muscle tone. The whole iffy fiscal issue really bites because I was mad to take the Russian kettlebells class regularly. While I'm sure many people would view having the personal trainer even one day a week as "nonessential," I do not, largely because I do tend to tie a lot of personal worth to my physical appearance. Per hour, the trainer is cheaper than a therapist...

The iffy fiscal issue also bites in the extreme because Kali and I were planning to attend the Rubber Ball (NOTE: adult-oriented web site) in London again this year. In fact, she and I were already brainstorming my Ball outfit and it would be absolutely delightful. A few months ago I had envisioned this whole "fetish Eskimo girl with a sled team of submissives" theme and Kali was quite enamored of it. So much so that she went ahead and began devising the look with a friend of ours who is a patternmaker. The concept she recently described to me on the phone would be just divine - fetish Eskimo kitten all done in light blue-dyed leather with fake white fur trim with little rhinestones to mimic ice and snowflake reflection.

So if I can't keep a J-O-B and some cash flow, it will all be dashed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home