a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Saturday, January 11, 2003

The most bizarre thing just happened. I came home from a day of shopping, including buying some supplies for small home repairs. One item I wanted to tackle this weekend was caulking a few spaces above a transom window in my bedroom that sometimes lets a bit of rain in. So I grab my folding step, step up, and take a look around the windows to see what I need to caulk. As I step down off the stair, I notice a small, furry-like mass on the floor. My immediate thought is "Goddammit, the damn cat has hyorked up a hairball and jeez is it huge!" As I bend down to investigate, I notice a beak and little curled up feet. Jesus Christ, it's a whole dead bird! Somehow a sparrow-type bird got access to my bedroom and died! Now I have no idea how this bird got into my apartment. I've just checked and as I suspected, there are no windows open (and with the daytime temperature hitting only 35 degrees F today, there better not be any open windows!). There is no way my landlord or his son could have entered my premises, because I changed the deadbolt when I moved in (and my landlord is very good about giving prior notice). A good friend of mine has a set of keys, but she would never enter my house without my knowledge. I do have a back door off my bedroom, but I never let my cat out to the back deck and to the best of my knowledge, no bird has ever flown into my room when I went in and out the door. It's like this damn bird was just transported into my bedroom. Wha?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home