a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Sunday, June 01, 2003

Last night I got myself out of the house briefly and had a cocktail at Loie (pronounce it "LOW-ee") over by Rittenhouse Square. Loie is owned by the same person who opened Lucy's Hat Shop, a very popular restaurant and bar spot on Market Street in Philly. Loie is smaller, more intimate, and from what I've heard on the street has very good French brasserie food. My personal attraction to Loie is both the proximity to my apartment, as well as its fine pool table in the back room.

However, with Loie's preponderance of gorgeous twenty-somethings, I have to be feeling pretty put-together to go over by myself of an evening. I have girlfriends who blanch at bit at my willingness to go out on the town all alone. Well, what am I going to do? Sit at home and wait for new friends to walk in my front door? It's kind of a necessity that I go out alone a good part of the time, but even so, I'm not doing it constantly. If I'm not feeling especially sociable or attractive, I will spare the world and stay at home.

Last night, I was mostly in the mood to work on my pool game. I haven't played in 6 months and, if nothing else, getting in on a pool game is one avenue to conversing with other people. Unfortunately, some older British guy who was into his cups and had a noticeable facial tick was trying to chat me up, making me less comfortable about hanging around and watching the following games once I lost the table.

Naturally, the rain had started again while I was in the bar and I had left my umbrella at home. Goddamn this weather lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home