a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Friday, March 09, 2007

5 Quex Meme from Komejo

1. What was your best moment on stage?
I've actually been "on stage" in numerous incarnations: as singer, as musician, as actor. All of my acting occurred before the age of 18 and I have to say, I was pretty good at it. In my debut role, I played a feminine version of "The Giant" in a children's musical version of "Jack and The Beanstalk." This required me to play through a purple afro wig, a prosthetic nose, a purple velvet dress with giant hoop skirt, and homemade 6" platform shoes. You gotta know how to work the costume.

2. How has living in Philly changed you?
I don't know if Philly has changed me all that much. As far as city living goes, I gained a lot of initial knowledge from living in San Francisco, so I was pretty indocrinated by the time I made it to Philly. I think what I find most endearing about Philly is that if the people love you, they love you with all their heart. If the people hate you, they will also hate you with all their heart. That level of social honesty was very hard to come by in San Francisco and is certainly not found in the South.

3. How do you pamper yourself?
A lot of the common girlie things. A mani and pedi. Buy some new makeup or new clothes. I used to take more baths, but haven't so much recently. Occasionally I will buy some massage services, even if it's only for a 10 minute chair massage.

4. You've recently become a homeowner. What about that surprises you?
First, I was surprised that they actually approved my loan! Not that I have horrible credit or anything, I guess I just view myself as being less adult and responsible as everyone else sees me. The fact that settlement went so well was also surprising. It took all of 90 minutes to complete. Now that I'm settled in, I'm surprised by how much I've fallen in love with my house. I loved it when I first saw it, but I feel like I love it more every time I walk into it.

5. You've lived on your own ever since I've known you - what are the best and worst things about solitude?
The best thing about living alone is there is no one there to screw around with your stuff. The worst thing is that there is no one there to screw around with your stuff. Sometimes it's nice to have someone puttering around the house with you. I'm not sure I could ever be married and really share my space now. If I got married, it would have to be more like a Diego Rivera/Frida Kahlo arrangement where I and my husband would live in adjoining wings of one building that had separate entrances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home