a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Saturday, November 01, 2003

I finally got back into the gym this week and was quickly reminded of how long I had been away and how out of shape I had gotten again. Tuesday night was Russian kettlebells class and I had the fortune (or misfortune) of being the only student. This meant I got a private class at a group rate, but it also meant the instructor had the time and attention to devote to me. This resulted in completing five hard circuits, with my Mexican lunch attempting to assert itself.

The following night was my second Brazilian jiu jitsu class in as many months. This was equally strenuous, if not more so. I was paired off with another new BJJ student, a petite girl who was about 21 years old, who proceeded to whup up on me. Why is it that little people can be so damn aggressive?

A few days afterwards, I'm now sporting numerous handprint bruises on my upper arms, scrape marks on the tops of two toes, and knees that feel like they need mechanical replacements. It's great to be physical again and rededicated to my workout efforts, but damn, I wish I still had some pain killers in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home