a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

They've begun constructing the stage in front of the Art Museum for the Live 8 show and setting up the first of the 300 porta-potties. Alright, call me crazy, but if you're estimating an audience of 1,000,000 (yes, 6 zeros, even though the city planners are now saying that only a maximum of 400,000 will fit in the space between the Art Museum and LOVE Park, which is about 11 blocks away), don't you think 300 porta-potties is a bit on the slim side of things? I briefly heard Preston and Steve on WMMR this morning discussing the entrepreneurial possibilities of something they called a "piss boy." Basically, some enterprising soul could carry a large bucket around for persons unwilling to brave the probably long lines for the 300 measley porta-potties. $1 a pee. Someone could probably make some serious cabbage doing that. But then they'd have to donate it to African debt relief or Bob Geldof and Bono might rain down upon that person with righteous fury. And, well, they'd have to find a place to pitch the pee once the bucket was full.

Thank Jehovah I'm not going to be in town. There will probably be people sleeping on my stoop the whole weekend.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not altogether sure Geldof is in his right mind anymore.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Nancy French said…

    Yikes. Makes me glad I wasn't within a hundred miles of it. Actually, I wasn't within 600 miles of it since I was visiting Kentucky. I had plenty of toilets to choose from too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home