a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Thursday, October 28, 2004

For my friends who keep up with me via this blog, I just wanted to drop a note that my kitty cat has been very sick of late. Her original veterinarian was an imbecile who was not inclined to treat her chronic vomiting aggressively, so by the time I got her to a new vet at a cat hospital, she had developed fatty liver disease and had to go into the equivalent of kitty ICU. She's home now for a few days, but will return to medical boarding when I go on vacation next week. At the moment I have to tube feed her, make sure she's not vomiting any more, give her lots of love, and begin paying off a sizable vet bill. There were several days when I was having to mentally weigh what I would do if she did not respond to treatment or the underlying cause was determined to be something really awful, such as cancer, and I hope I do not have to return to that mental debate any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home