a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Ahhhhh, springtime in Philly. Finally. There is supposed to be rain this evening. But for now, there is sun in the sky, the restaurants are putting cafe seating back out on the sidewalks, it's Cinco de Mayo, and those damn Real World kids are supposed to show up on South Street tonight. Remind me to run by Passional and pick up some flyers for Shock Therapy to hand to those brats. They need to learn that there's more fun in life beyond simple drunkenness, one night stands, and bitchin' at yer roommates in the hot tub while living in a million-dollar renovated structure in one of the more expensive neighborhoods of a major metropolitan city.

I've been busy with both the Philaphamily and trying to keep up my fitness goals. Getting back into the Russian kettlebells class after a brief absence. My instructor is apparently grooming me for competition. We'll see. According to what I've seen written about general kettlebells training, I'm beginning to perform at the high end of the scale, as I'm now able to clean and jerk the 52 pound bell a couple of times on each arm. This is considered "high achieving" for women. Apparently, the world-class "holy grail" of kettlebells is strict military pressing the 80 pound bell overhead on each arm, especially if one weighs below 175 pounds of body weight. At the moment, I'm strict military pressing only the 30 pounder, so I doubt I'll ever make that accomplishment. My co-worker joked that I should compete, earn titles, and then ultimately appear in a photo-spread of "hot sports chicks" in Esquire magazine. I suppose one could do worse in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home