a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Once again, I managed to live long enough to see another birthday. This year's birthday celebration went smashingly well and a good time was had by all, including--surprise, surprise--myself.

My biological brother gathered my biological family to send me a birthday card collectively, which was a lovely gesture on his part, given that our relations have been somewhat strained of late. In response to this, and the upcoming holiday season, I have opted to return to therapy. I've only done therapy once before and it was brief, in response to a specific situation. My biological family relations have become damaged to the point where I need a truly objective opinion and some better strategies based on professional training and experience, rather than emotionalism. As Bette Davis might have said, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be one bumpy Christmas."

This therapist comes highly recommended by a friend and she is convenient to my home and hopefully she will actually be in my medical plan network. Ideally, I believe my entire family should attend counseling together, but distance and an aversion to head-shrinking means that I must make myself a priority and hopefully by making myself strong I can provide better and more knowledgeable support to my family members. Or at the very least, learn to like them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home