a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

The intensified workout regimen is proceeding apace. I do find that with the amount of exercise I'm doing, I can't go more than 3 days before I need a rest day. Last night it was my 45-minute kettlebell class followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer (to spare my aging joints a bit of stress for the week).

With the impending release of "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", I find myself eager to return to the Alan Moore opus. My dearest friend Tigs turned me onto the better variety of "graphic novels" years ago and Alan Moore was always one of my favorite authors (he being much less cynical than that reprobate Frank Miller--though I do confess a love for Miller's vision of Elektra). There have been rumors for years that someone bought the film rights to do a live action version of "The Watchmen," but little has been realized. While "The Watchmen" is considered a watershed creation for the superhero genre of comics, my heart belongs ever to Moore's "V for Vendetta" series, which I think would make the most marvelous live action film, with the right casting and crew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home