a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Thursday, December 20, 2001

There is a bizarro trend going on in my life right now. In the past two weeks, not one, but two fairly unknown men have suggested that I fly to another area of the country to meet them for New Year's Eve. This is one of the unfortunate side effects of Internet dating: some men assume that just because a woman is attractive, literate, intelligent, romantic, fun, and advertising via an online personals ad, that she may also be a bit whacked out of the head too.

Point 1: To begin with, it is NOT "wildly romantic" to ask a woman to spend HER hard-earned cash or extend HER hard-earned credit limit on HER precious vacation time to fly halfway across the country to meet a man she's either only been in the presence of for a maximum of 3 hours or has only sent instant messages to. That's known in the vernacular as "being a rape case waiting to happen," a circumstance that the majority of intelligent women (1 of 4 of whom will be sexually assaulted at least once in her life) try to avoid.

Point 2: It is NOT a swift move to suggest a woman has less than an "adventurous spirit" because she will NOT spend her hard-earned cash, credit limit, or time in order to fulfill the man's suggestion.

Point 3: If the guy is so goddamn adventurous, he's more than welcome to spend HIS own cash, HIS own credit limit, and HIS own time to travel to ME, put HIMSELF up in a hotel room, and hang out in MY town. I realize Raleigh is not a hot vacation destination, but it's where I'm going to be. If I'm such a hot fuckin' draw, then put up or fuckin' shut up.

I chased after men for almost 14 years and it got me nowhere. NOWHERE. So don't think about impugning my spirit simply because I won't be your fucktoy on my fuckin' dime. You're more than welcome to go fuck yourself in that case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home