a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekly Philaphamily Phunnies

A couple of times during the month, at least four members of the Philaphamily find themselves having dinner or drinks together and inevitably someone makes a joke that enters the archives.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha with Satyr, littlelethrgirl, and flowergirl. There is a scene in the film where the geisha, Sayuri, performs a dance depicting the downfall of love and beauty. The movement itself seems more reminiscent of Martha Graham, rather than Japanese traditional dance, and I've formally taken Martha Graham dance technique, so I would know. However, it was stunningly lit and well-danced and apparently at the end of the scene, Satyr had gripped littlelethrgirl's arm in the darkness and whispered to her "That was amazing."

So later, during drinks, I announce to the group that Satyr has discovered a new-found love of interpretative dance.

He counters with "I've always loved interpretative dance."

I slam-dunk with...

...wait for it...

"Is that with or without the pole?"

[ba DUM dum chhh]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home