a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Wednesday, January 30, 2002

More weirdness from the cyber world. I deleted an ID from my instant messenger friends list tonight. It was the ID of the last man to break my heart. I don't know why I had kept the ID on my list. No, I'm lying. I had kept it because it allowed me to keep in touch with him in some vicarious, remote way, when really I just needed to let all of that go. It's almost like a death, except when someone dies you have to do even more painful shit, like selecting the clothes to bury them in, cleaning out their closets, or looking at the things they once owned and loved and seeing their faces. I would see his face when his ID would light up as active. It's ludicrous to attach so much emotion to the electronic representation of a person, but I did.

But after tonight, that won't be a problem any longer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home