a Cheap Holiday

Cheap Holiday

Welcome to a cheap holiday in my life. At least you get to go home at the end of the day!

Saturday, October 12, 2002

I am in the midst of my social ladder-climbing phase, it seems. This evening, I ventured over to have a drink at Le Bar Lyonnaise, which is the reservation-not-required downstairs bar for Le Bec-Fin, the signature French restaurant in Philly. Le Bec-Fin is so exclusive, you don't even get to see a glimpse of the dining room unless you have reservations (a windowless door separates the reception area from the dining room). The downstairs bar, however, is warm and cozy and the service staff is quite affable and chatty. But with a kir royale clocking in at $19, I didn't even hazard the very attractive plate of pomme frites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home